From establishment in 1960, we have grown into one of the largest auto recycling companies in the Maritimes supplying parts locally, nationally and internationally.
As a family-owned business, we take great pride in both our expert and old-fashioned, friendly service and the quality of our products. Utilizing the very latest in satellite linkages and computerization we can quickly locate those difficult to find parts at the best price — if we don’t happen to have them in stock ourselves — and arrange delivery to our customers by the fastest possible means.
We greatly appreciate the beauty of the surrounding area and do our utmost to maintain a clean and tidy site as well as meeting or exceeding the stringent environmental standards applied to our industry. Relevant facts of the value of auto recycling to the Canadian economy can be found below.
Auto Recycling Facts
- Auto recycling generates $2.5 billion worth of Canadian industry.
- Provides local employment and valuable consumer service.
- Saves you money on other products made from recycled auto materials.
- Saves you money on vehicle insurance by reducing the insurance industry’s total claims costs through the purchase of written-off, late-model vehicles.
- Preserves natural resources. For example, Auto Recyclers reclaim over 1.5 million vehicles in Canada alone, thereby saving an estimated 12 million barrels of oil necessary for new parts production.
- Reduces pollution. Every vehicle has over 40 litres of operating fluids (oil, fuel, coolant, etc.) that must be carefully drained and reused or reclaimed by Auto Recyclers before they are released into our environment.
- If not recycled, these waste fluids would be equal to one Exxon Valdez disaster every year.
- Reduces waste in our landfills. Over 75% of a vehicles content by weight is recycled. No other complex mass produced article has achieved this high level of recycling.